Monday, August 26, 2013

My Buddy the Watermelon (Nails)

"My Buddy, My Buddy, where ever I go he-e goes, My Buddy and meeee!"  Anyone remember that doll or the theme song that went along with it?  Essentially a boy doll for boys, but for the girls we had- "Kid Sister, Kid Sister, where ever I go she-e goes!  Kid Sister, Kid Sister, Kid Sister, Kid Sister and meeeee!"  I never even had the doll, but the song is eternally burned into my mind.  Okay, now that I got that out of my system let's view pics of the inspiration for watermelon nails.  As me and this watermelon got "My Buddy" close during this photo shoot.  Too bad directly after, we took him to a barbecue in the back!  Awe.  








 Don't mind the Calamine Lotion, mosquitos love me.  (And apparently I let them)

Nail Polish: Essie Peach Daiquiri

18 comments:

  1. What a fun manicure! This may be a weird comment, but your cuticles are so pretty and perfect. I kind of have a little nail obsession, what can I say? :) Happy late anniversary as well.

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the anniversary wishes Lauren! Haha, I don't think your comment is weird! That is one thing that makes nails look better, when the cutes are cute! I actually never touch mine, but if have time, wait a day or two before I take nail polish pics, bc then they are perfectly grown just a lil past the bottom of the nail for a cleaner look!

      Delete
  2. awww look at your nails. how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photoshoot is so funny with the watermelon and your nails. They were awesome!

    Avi
    www.petitefashionmonster.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mani! And I bet your Buddy was delish!!
    Debbie :)
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he certainly was scrumdiddleeumptious! Thanks Debbie!

      Delete
  5. Your nails are so cute! Essie Peach Daiquiri is such a pretty shade.

    Lauren
    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. At first I went in to buy Essie- Cute as a button. But then I discovered this shade, though fairly close, I liked it even more! Thanks for stopping by Lauren!!!

      Delete
  6. UH-Dorable! You kill me! And OMG thanks for getting that song in my head! haha
    -Carylee
    morepom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails are adorable! So talented! - J

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone who references the My Buddy doll gets an A+ and a gold star from me. I had the My Buddy and my older sister got the Kid Sister... I was a bit of a tomboy as a child ;) I LOOOOOVE your nails - I was literally just sitting here thinking about what I could paint on my nails for my Friday nail blog this week. I might go with your watermelon idea!!

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun post! Loving the cuteness of your look. Watermelons are rad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! So perfect, makes me want summer to last forever!

    Laura
    Papermothballvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the cutest!!

    Thank you for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Linkwithin